Greene County Career Center Real Estate Auction
The 45+ acre prior Greene County Career Center (previously the Greene Joint Vocational School) located at 2960 W. Enon Road, Xenia, Ohio, will sell at public auction on Wed, March 3rd, beginning at 1:00 pm at the property.
1:00 PM US/Eastern
3:00 PM US/Eastern
2960 W. Enon Road
OVER 243,000 SF IN 4 BUILDINGS
SELLS MARCH 3, 2021 AT 1:00 PM
This property will sell at Public Auction on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, beginning at 1:00 pm at the property.
From I-675 near Fairborn, go east on State Route 235 to left on W. Enon Road. From US 68 near Xenia, go south on US 68 to left on State Route 235 to right on W. Enon Road to property. From US 35 near Beavercreek, go north on Trebein Road to right on Hilltop Road to left on State Route 235 to right on W. Enon Road. Only minutes from I-675 and Wright Patterson Air Force Base
The property will be available for previews as follows:
1. February 17th (Wed): Noon to approximately 3:00 pm (We will be conducting an auction of the remaining contents of the property during this time).
2. February 23rd (Tues): Noon to 5:00 pm
3. Or by appointment
Bidding Procedure: The property will sell in one lot to the highest bidder, subject to confirmation of the Owner.
Acceptance of Bid Prices: The successful bidder will sign a Confirmation of Sale Agreement at the auction site immediately following the close of bidding. Bidding IS NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING. At its next scheduled monthly Board of Education meeting, the Owner will vote to accept or reject the final bid price.
Downpayment: $50,000 as down payment will be deposited with the Auction Company on the date of auction upon signing of Confirmation of Sale Agreement; balance due at closing.
Real Estate Taxes: Property is currently exempt from Real Estate taxes. Taxes will not be prorated at closing.
- If Purchaser accepts current zoning, closing to occur on or before May 2, 2021.
- Zoning Contingency Period: If the current zoning is not acceptable to the Buyer, then the Buyer shall have the right to elect a 120-day “Zoning Contingency Period” to confirm the Buyer can obtain a zoning change for the Buyer’s intended use. Owner agrees to cooperate with the Buyer with all reasonable zoning-related requests and signatures.
- If elected, the Buyer’s intended use shall be documented in the Purchase Agreement and Buyer shall have up to 120 days beginning on the day following the Owner’s acceptance of the Purchase Agreement to either confirm the required zoning and close on the transaction OR terminate the Purchase Agreement. Buyer’s intended use must be different from Permitted Principal Uses under existing zoning.
- Buyer shall officially initiate the zoning change request with the proper authority(ies) within 14 calendar days following the Owner’s acceptance of the Purchase Agreement.
- If the Buyer’s desired use cannot be obtained during the Zoning Contingency Period, then the Buyer shall terminate the Purchase Agreement no later than 5 days following the date of receipt of the final zoning notification from the proper government authority, with written proof of the rezoning rejection required. Failure by the Buyer to initiate the zoning change request with the proper authority(ies) by the above-stated deadline shall not constitute an acceptable reason to terminate the Purchase Agreement if the zoning change cannot be obtained within the time specified in the Purchase Agreement.
- If the Zoning Contingency Period is elected, the closing shall occur at the earlier of (a) 30 days following receipt of final zoning notification from the proper government authority, with written proof from the zoning authority required, or (b) 120 days following the Owner’s written acceptance of the Purchase Agreement.
- Purchaser will pay customary portion of closing costs at closing. Closing will be conducted by Chicago Title, Dayton, Ohio.
Personal Property Auction: Owner reserves the right to use the property as desired, including the right to conduct a personal property auction, up to the date of closing. All classroom and office furniture, classroom and shop equipment, kitchen equipment and walk-ins, lockers, and other personal property will be sold separately at Public Auction and shall not be assumed to sell with the real estate.
Agency: Sheridans LLC and its representatives are Exclusive Sales Agents for the Owner.
Disclaimer & Absence of Warranties: All information contained in this brochure and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the Confirmation of Sale Agreement. Announcements made by the Auctioneer at the time of the Auction will take precedence over any previously printed or oral information. The property is sold on an "AS IS, WHERE IS" basis, and no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, concerning the property are made by the Owner or the Auction Company. Each bidder is responsible for conducting his/her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries, and due diligence concerning the property. The information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate, but is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. Neither the Owner nor the Auction Company assumes liability for its accuracy, errors, or omissions. Conduct at the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of the Auctioneer. The Owner and the Auction Company reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any question as to the person's credentials, fitness, legal capacity, etc. All decisions of the Auctioneer are final.
COVID19 Statement: Due to certain Covid-19 related public gathering mandates, Auctioneer reserves the right to change auction location and/or to cancel onsite bidding. Interested parties should be prepared to bid online. Up-to-date information will be provided at the auction website.
Additional Online Bidding Terms:
PLEASE NOTE: All online bidders agree that they have read and fully understand these terms and agree to be bound thereby:
No Online Bidding Fees: No buyer premiums or other online bidding fees will be charged for online bidding.
Bidder Registration: All online bidders must pre-register on the Online Portal prior to the auction date and all registered bidders must be authenticated by the Auction Company prior to activation of their account.
Online Bidding: No pre-bidding will be permitted prior to the auction. Bids will be accepted in real time once the auction has started and the auction will end when bidding has stopped with no scheduled ending time. Auctioneer retains full discretion to modify these terms at any time prior to or during the auction. Bidders’ use of online bidding option and bid placement shall be deemed a live public bid and constitutes acceptance and agreement to adhere to these terms. All bidders are responsible for reading all terms and conditions. Lack of knowledge of Auction Terms and Conditions will not release bidders from their obligations. Auctioneer is not responsible for the failure of any part of the bidding process or internet bidding. Bidding increments are at the discretion of the Auctioneer.
Modifications and Technical Difficulties: Auctioneer retains full discretion to modify the date, time, order, and details of the auction for any reason or no reason at all, including but not limited to technical issues, emergencies, and convenience of Auctioneer or the Seller.
In the event that there are technical difficulties related to the server, software or any other online auction-related technologies, Sheridan and the Seller reserve the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. Neither Sheridan nor the Seller shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason. Email notifications may be sent to registered bidders with updated information as deemed necessary.
Bidder’s Agreement: Any use of this online bidding option constitutes your acceptance and agreement to adhere to these terms. Please print a copy for your records. All bidders are responsible for reading all terms and conditions carefully. Lack of knowledge of Auction Terms and Conditions will not release bidders from their obligations.